We’re celebrating cancer survivors at the Opening Ceremony for The Ride For Roswell! The Opening Ceremony event takes place on Friday, June 22 from 4 – 9:30 p.m, featuring a live performance by musical artist Rick Springfield – known for his hit single “Jessie’s Girl.” Other special guests include Chris Spielman, Steve Tasker and Adam Benigni.
Where: University at Buffalo North Campus in Amherst (near UB Football Stadium)
Who’s Invited: RPCI current patients and survivors are invited to this event, along with one guest for free! A $50 donation will be asked of each additional guest when registering at RideForRoswell.org/opening-ceremony-rsvp or 1-877-ASK-RPCI (1-877-275-7724). Cancer survivors should register by June 20, 2012. The earliest registrants will have the best chance of securing preferred seating for the Opening Ceremony and concert.
Opening Ceremony Schedule for Friday, June 22:
- 4 – 6:30 p.m. Food & Fun Under the Survivor “Ship” Tent (Theme: Looking Toward Cancer Survivors’ Futures)
- 5:30 p.m. Football Stadium Opens for Stage Activities
- 7 p.m. Opening Ceremony Procession
- 7:50 p.m. Guest Inspirational Speaker and Cancer Advocate: Chris Spielman
- 8 p.m. Rick Springfield Concert
Opening Ceremony Celebrations Sponsor: M&T Bank